Thursday 30 April 2020

daily recount

firewood

on Saturday we went to the pile of felled trees on the farm, I rode my bike over there. we hat to cut the logs into rings and I helped carry some of them over to the wood spliter, I got to use the wood spliter. I had to put the rounds on the spliter and then pull the handle so the blade would chop the wood and then we threw it onto the truck, we did this for most of the day. we did about five truckloads. now we have to stack it in the woodshed we have been doing this for a couple of days now, I have also been cutting kindling and earning some money.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Oscar
    Well done for working so hard doing your firewood! It's a good feeling when you get to the end of it. When you were splitting it, did you see any cool bugs? We were doing firewood a couple of weeks ago and saw huhu grubs, weta, and lots of yuck spiders! We tried to put the weta on the dogs nose but he was scared of it. 😂
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please read my comments I put on your doc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, Oscar. That all sounds like hard work. It is a nice feeling when you work that hard and can then see a nice pile of stacked wood.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.